Thread: GLK Cold Starts

Default GLK Cold Starts

I am considering getting a new 2015 GLK 250, can anyone share their experiences on cold starts with the diesel engine. Hopefully I can get some first hand experience of having a diesel enginein Canada. I live in Toronto and drive to Montreal often.

Thanks

Default Re: GLK Cold Starts

I have 3.0L turbo diesel 2008 and last winter when we had that crazy super cold weather it wouldn't start one time but we didnt have it plugged in on the block heater, its recomended that you plug it in and use the block heater when the temp exceeds -18c, if you park in a garage you wont have any issues, if you park outside and its going to be -20 or colder I'd say plug in your block heater and it will be fine.

I test drove the 2014 GLK 250 Bluetec diesel last week its pretty nice alot of cool features like the 360 degree reverse camera. It seems to be more roomy then most other suvs in the front seat and bigger then w204 which its based off of mainly due to the the windshield being placed more vertical or at least that's how it seams.

C63 - Obsidian Black Metallic, AMG Premium Leather, Multimeida Package, Harmond Kardon Logic7, P02 Premium package, Keyless Go, Kleemann DS-5 19", Vorstiner Carbon Fiber Diffuser, Brabus Carbon Fiber 3pcs Spoiler, Carbon Window Spoiler, Brabus S 18" Winters, Custom Obsidian Black Interior and Chrome Delete, AFE Dryflow S, 2011+ Facelift Euro Spec Mirrors, 2010+ Backup Camera Retrofit.

Das bonnet ist nicht für die gefingerpoken!

Default Re: GLK Cold Starts

Thanks for the info!

Thread Information